Wednesday 1 November 2017

So in today's blog post, I decided to talk about bereavement and mental health. So I decided that I would share part of my story, and how I coped with everything. I really enjoyed school when I was younger. I was confident, and would talk to everyone when I was younger. But I spent a lot of time visiting my dad in hospital. When I was in year 5, 6 days before my birthday on the 9th Of April 2011 my dad died. When I was told that he had died. I didn't cry at first, because mainly I was in a state of shock. But I just walked out of the house into the garden, and I knelt on the lawn and just broke down.  I didn't talk to many people. I became quiet. Which was when the bullying started to get worse. They knew that I wouldn't say anything about the bullying, as I was 'quiet'. They made a game called 'Emily Germs', I can remember just hearing people laughing and tapping someone, which meant that that person had "Emily Germs". They thought the game was funny, but I didn't. I carried on keeping all of the hurt bottled up inside of me. I would go home every night and cry. One thing that kept me going was singing. It was a big passion, other than sports, like dancing and tai-chi. I was really good at tai-chi and was chosen to go on a trip to a conference where everyone chosen had to showcase the tai-chi they had learned. But moving back on to the topic of this post. I used to be really smiley but over time my smile faded. All that was left was a fake smile. Noone saw through my fake smile. I think is important for people to know when a smile is fake and when a smile is real. If they knew the difference they would be able to spot problems. But there are a few people who saw through my fake smiles. In year 7 I thought I had friends, but part way through they ditched me. I struggled to make friends. Because it was like noone wanted to talk to me. My mum always asked me why I was alone. I would just make something up on the spot to cover it up. In year 9 and 10, I had other problems. But near the start of year 10 they were sorted out. Because I told someone.  But it wasn't until December in year 11 that I actually told someone about my life. It felt good to get it all out. Because I had bottled into up for so long. This year it is my aim to try and be a more positive person. Because noone is perfect. Everyone has a story.

My advice on coping with a bereavement is to try and remember the good things, the person achieved in their life.

It is also important to try and live your life as you normally would. It will be difficult at first but it will get better everyday.

The loss will make you feel like you have a lost a part of you especially if they are really close. It's important that when you get that feeling you need to make sure that you don't hold the tears in. It's ok to cry sometimes.

Another thing is that it sometimes good to talk to people who are close around you. Because talking to someone you trust, about it, feels like a weights been lifted.

I think it's also important to try and stay strong because that person probably would have wanted you to try strong.

And remember it's important to just let your emotions out, as the worst thing you can do is bottle them up.

What I decided is that on my new EP that's coming soon I am going to get a song on there that reflects the bereavement and mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment